Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Proud to be a Bear

Most of you already know that I work for Baylor University. And most everyone knows it is also private Baptist institution. I may not have attended school here, but I wanted to express how proud I am to work here. Take today for example: we had our annual fall staff forum where all staff who can attend will go & listen to the President, the VP of Human Resources, our CFO & some others talk about how we are doing this fiscal year & things pertaining to staff. It is usually started off by prayer but this year seemed different to me. I think alot of it has to do with our nation going in the direction it is.. no prayer in school, no pledge of allegiance in school, no SYATP, no ANYTHING about God or basically any pride for America is allowed anywhere anymore bc it might "offend" someone. This country was founded by men of strong religion & pride for their country. Why can't we still hold those same values PUBLICLY? So today when the prayer was said I just thought to myself "I am so glad to work at a place where you are allowed to do this sort of thing & not have people get in an uproar about it!!!!!"
I know it bugs my hubs & it really worries me about what the textbooks will say when Kinley is in school. Everything has to be so 'PC' these days that it's just sad. I am very excited that she will attend Baylor University!
Sic 'em Bears!




10 comments:

Miranda said...

But what if Kinley wants to be an Aggie?

Nicole Rodriguez said...

An Aggie?! Are you totally retarded?!!!! GO HORNS!!! That is where ALL my boys will go! Heeheehee!!!

Shannon said...

Miranda, you really shouldn't be smoking crack while pregnant. Of course she doesn't want to be an Aggie! Sic'Em Bears! :-)

lots of love said...

I really wanted to go to Baylor all my childhood, but it's just too darn expensive. At least if you're still workin there Kinley can go for free like my cousins did! I still hope Rylie wants to go to Baylor so I can buy her a little house & visit her up there every weekend! hehe

Mandi said...

Preach it, sista!

~Shelly~ said...

That is EXACTLY why Kinley WILL go to Baylor..bc it will be free! If she chooses to go elsewhere then she can pay for it :)

Delores said...

Very nice post. I am proud as well to work for such a caring organization.

Unknown said...

Woohoo! I agree! I am proud to work here, too!!

Miranda said...

Geezzzz. I dont care where she chooses to go to school as long as she gets her education. She can move to Houston and live with me and go to U of H for all I care. I just want her in school!

Patrick said...

Very good post, Shelly!