Friday, March 22, 2013

Weighing In

Since around September of last year I have been on a weight loss roller coaster!
I'd do Atkins and lose weight.. do low calorie and lose some. But most of the time it would come back, not all of it thank goodness but some. So finally I decided to join the Naturally Slim program through my work :) It has been great for me. The first week alone I lost 5lbs. and am now on week 5. Basically I am eating very slowly for 10 minutes, taking a 5 min break & then finishing with another 10 minutes (slowly). Taking a full 25 minutes to eat instead of eating it all in 10. It's teaching me portion control & actually shrinking my stomach! I really can't eat as much as I used to. You can eat almost anything you want, just in small portions! No sweets though ;)

The motto...




I have also started the Advocare 10 day cleanse. I am currently on day 5. And down another 4lbs since day 1. It includes drinking a fiber drink on days 1-3 & 8-10. Day 1 I will admit that I was totally gagging on it & almost threw up in the kitchen sink! I didn't finish 1/2 of it! It's like drinking really fine oatmeal. So I was told to drink it with OJ instead & I can now drink it with no problem. It's just like drinking OJ with lots of pulp so it doesn't bother me. Plus it's a citrus flavor to begin with ;)
Next you have herbal pills & pro-biotic pills to take. And then of course the eating. You must eat only clean/healthy foods. So I've been staying away from preservatives & only eating chicken breasts, tuna, veggies and fruits. Oh and lots of water! LOTS!! I've also been walking about a mile (not really measuring exactly) every week night.


Overall, since September, I have lost 29lbs.. almost 30! My goal is to lose 47 lbs total. Yes, I was that big! So I have 18 more to go.. but I have a cruise in about 36 days that I will NOT be dieting on so I'm sure some will come creepin on back ;) My goal is to be down another 8lbs before we sail (April 28).
 Although the Naturally Slim to me is not a diet.. it really is a new way to eat and keep the weight off. It's not hard at all.. unless you are a sugar/sweet fanatic then you might have a hard time letting that go!
After I get the weight gone I plan on starting to tone up the flab with some weights! Don't ask me why ~ that's just the order I want to do it in :) 
Here's to losing that baby weight (& then some)!




1 comment:

lots of love said...

When I had a sinus infection over spring break of course it hit hard on a weekend and my Dr was closed so I researched a lot of home remedies and the main one was to drink apple cider vinegar. DISGUSTING! I held my nose and closed my eyes but man I underestimated how much 8 oz really was! The texture of it alone made me gag. Like drinking pickle juice. That made me think of that when you said the advocare was hard to drink. Hold your nose really good and you wont taste a thing! Good job keeping at it! Ive still got 20 lbs to lose! Ya know the same 20 lbs I've been needing to lose since Remy was born ;-)