Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm A Big Kid Now


I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this..but I am excited to tell the world that Kinley is now potty trained! Did I finally get to say that?? She isn't 100%, however, because she is still wearing pull-ups to bed. But she has been wearing big girl panties at home for 2-3 weeks now AND has gone to school for 5 days now with no accidents! She tells us when she has to go~ we don't really have to ask her to go. Going #2 took a little longer but she has that down too now. It was all so fast.. kinda. I mean we have been working with her for so long but it really was kind of an overnight thing as far as it just CLICKING with her. There weren't really that many accidents or messes to clean up. Which was a blessing!! We are some proud parents! It's a little bittersweet but for the most part I am SO glad we don't have to keep buying & buying pull-ups.
We haven't really taken her alot of places yet tho, so I am a little worried about that.

I'm also so glad she has conquered this thing bc she is starting a Mommy & Me dance class this summer. She doesn't have to be potty trained for that, however, if she wants to sign up for the fall she will HAVE to be fully trained. I really want her to do this so I hope she doesn't decide to regress or anything like that. Keep your fingers crossed~!

On a side note, I keep searching for those paper/disposable toilet seat covers to buy for when we are in public.. but I can't find them! Was I dreaming those up?? I have looked at WalMart, Toys R Us, HEB..I haven't ventured over to Target yet so maybe they are there?

Anyway~ as we bid farwell to these:


And these:


I will never forget just how special to me they once were :)


7 comments:

Mandi said...

Yes, they are at Target!!

Laura Marchant said...

I have seen them at Babies R Us and Target. At my target they are by the potty chairs :-)

Miranda said...

She's a big girl now..... I am so proud of her. I can't wait to give her a big hug and a kiss next weekend.
And i love your new blog. You need to work on mine!

lots of love said...

I got Rylie's seat covers at Target. They're Disney princesses & we've honestly never had to use them.

Ape said...

Isn't it AMAZING?!?! I LOVE them being potty trained and its so much less expensive haha Aud has been doing great and no accidents! Not to mention they just look too dang cute in panties!! WAY TO GO KINNERS!!

AND yes your blog looks soooo good!!

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

Yay for potty training! Our Babies R Us has the seat covers.........Dora/Cars/Sesame Street seat covers. Target has the Cars/Disney princess too. But, they've been out of them lately. I hope they haven't stopped carrying them. We use them all the time because I'm a major germ freak! Ha!

Love you're new blog layout! SO CUTE!!

~Shelly~ said...

thanks i got one at burlington. its a flat plastic one that goes over the seat. used it all weekend!!
oh me too- i dont do public bathrooms, ugh!!
thank u! still have to work on the header but i like it so far!!