Friday, June 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Proposal Story


Over at Kelly's Korner Blog~ every Friday she does a "show us your life" post and who ever wants to participate can. I usually just read everyone else's but today I thought this was a cute one so I'll participate :)

Show us your life- Proposal Story:
On Friday May 28, 2004 I got off work & went home (at the time I lived with Jessika @ the Depot apartments). Jeffrey told me he was going to take me somewhere nice for a date so I should get dressed. Soo I got dressed & Jessika was acting all crazy & giddy :P
Jeffrey had called back to tell me that he wasn't ready yet & to just meet him over at his parents house but give him a little bit to shower...
Little did I know~he was at his parents house(yes they were gone) cooking my favorite meal (chicken parmesan) and setting up this very special dinner for 2 ;)

(See the fake rose in the vase..it was holding my ring the hole time & I didn't even know it)
He was a MESS at dinner so I knew what was coming ;)
After we ate he was bringing dishes back & forth..drinking water like he was in the desert..bringing dishes back & forth..drinking water~you get the picture!!
Finally after 5 years of dating..he grabbed the rose & got down on one knee to pop the question! Of course I said yes & then called everyone I knew! That weekend we celebrated in San Antonio & went to Sea World.
A year & a week later we were married...& the rest is history :)





4 comments:

The Birkes said...

AWEEEE!!!!! Remember you had one of my shirts on and he told you something like dress nicer! hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awe!! I cant believe its been so long ago~ Time FLIES!

Delores said...

I love this story!

Laura Marchant said...

The first comment made me giggle.
What a great memory.

Tiffany said...

What a great story. It's so funny how nervous the guys get before they pop the question!