Thursday, July 21, 2011

10 weeks


I hit the 10 week mark on Monday (yea I'm behind on blogging)! I'm officially in the double digits!
Still feeling yucky & tired & to be honest I can't wait for that 2nd trimester! Everything is good tho with the baby :) My belly is actually starting to get hard on the top already! Yikes!

I go back to the doctor on August 2nd at 11am. I think we will bring Kinley to that one so that we can all hear the heartbeat together! And then I SHOULD be able to find out the sex at the following appointment :) I was 17 weeks with Kinley & if I can get the next appt the week of Sept 5th then I will be 17 weeks then. We shall see!

Here are the stats for baby this week:

Your baby is now almost 2 inches tall and weighs 5 grams. It's not much, but he/she is complete! In your belly sits a miniature person who in no way resembles the tadpole of a few weeks ago. You can recognize the little face and the eyelids are clearly visible. The vocal cords are forming and the inner ear and auricle have been formed, too. The first downy hairs are becoming visible. The process of ossification is in full progress; the fingertips are hardening and soon they will get minuscule nails. A bit later the toes will follow, because the development of an embryo (and of a baby as well) takes place from top to bottom.

Although the gender already has been determined, you can't see whether it will be a boy or girl yet. At this stage, the umbilical cord between the embryo and the wall of the uterus starts to function and a lot of work is done on creating the placenta. That's because from now on your baby-to-be will grow rapidly and that's only possible when he's provided with a sufficient amount of nutrients via the placenta and the umbilical cord.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Love the new look girl and so happy all is well with the baby! Hope u feel better soooon!!!

~Shelly~ said...

Thank you!!

Rosie said...

Aww double digits! It goes by so fast. Just think, 30 more weeks :) OK, that didn't sound as great as I hoped....sorry!

~Shelly~ said...

I'll just think of 29 weeks instead lol!