Thursday, December 22, 2011

ICE ICE BABY!

This past weekend was SUPER fun! Friday we had a chinese christmas with our friends at their house. I didn't bring my camera tho & I dropped my cell phone on the floor underneath the couch so it sat there all night until we got ready to leave- ugh! It was really fun tho- we got home with a bottle of wine & some cute mugs with spoons for coffee/hot chocolate :)
Saturday my parents treated us to a day in Grapevine- the "Christmas Capital of Texas"..and it was a blast! We decided to do "ICE-Shrek the Halls" at the Gaylord instead of the Polar Express. I'm glad we did- the kids were just beside themselves! It was COLD- especially in the ice sliding room- but we loved every minute of it!
Sunday I had a joint diaper shower with Cammy. Given by my long time high school friends. That is another post tho :)
Here are our pics from Grapevine- it is a LONG post but I wanted to include everything :)


We waited in a few lines to get into ICE.. and this was entertaining us in 1 of them- light show!
A quick pic with Daddy before going in!
Getting in her parka!
She LOVED Puss in Boots so she had to have her picture with him!
Ok, I tihnk this is my FAVORITE picture lol- her face is whited out but this is Kinley in a nutshell...thought it went along well with goofy Pinocchio!
Donkey! Mommy's favorite!
Nana & PaPa with the grandbabies..minus Connor (& Macy didn't get to go)..
Camryn hated her coat & cried a lot :( But she still had fun!!
My sweet baby with Shrek's babies!
Beautiful nativity scene
After ICE we did SNOW..lol! Snow tubing- it was so fun but kinda disappointing. The ticket was good for 10 rides but they only let u do 2 and they take the tube away & tell u to go get back at the end of the line...which is about 30 mins long! So they only went twice & Kinley cried :( Oh well!
After ICE/SNOW we walked around the Gaylord & snapped some pictures. .
I ran into an old friend of mine, Lacy! We played years of softball together & were best buds back in the day! She has a sweet little boy now that Im glad I got to meet! Check out the background- is that guy proposing??
Then we stopped for drinks & the kids ran around & played..got a cute shot of them :)
We left the Gaylord & headed downtown where the rest of the festivities were. Kinley & Connor went "ice skating" .. although it was NOT ice! It was just a plastic board with flat ice skates. No one could get off the walls & enjoy themselves. Thank goodness it was only $10 for J & K to go. But, she still had an ok time doing it!

And then we walked our way down to the light show at the Gazebo with a stop in the manger first..haha!

Thanks Nana & PaPa for such a fun day! I hope we can make it back every year!



1 comment:

Nana said...

You are so welcome! We loved every minute of it! I thought it was alot of fun and so glad we got to do it for y'all! I think the kids had a really good time!