Monday, February 27, 2012

Miss Presley's Arrival

I am so behind on blogging ;)
Presley made her arrival on Sunday Feb 12, 2012 at 8:46am! We had done some fun things with Kinley on Saturday & went to eat at El Con that night.. came home & watched a movie of her choice! Sunday was going to be a chill day bc I knew Monday morning was going to come EARLY! Little did I know (which I should have- Kinley did the same thing to me)! About 2:45am I had gotten up to go to the bathroom for the 2nd time. I went to get back in bed & my water broke! I got Jeffrey up & called my parents to come over- Paul stayed with Kinley while my mom followed us to the hospital.
My doc had put orders in to admit me if I came in before my induction date bc I labor fast...etc. So after we registered (not sure why us prego women even bother with pre-registering) I was admitted & about 5am or so my contractions started. I got an epidural but it only worked 1/2 way. And just like with big sis, I went from a 4 to 10 in about an hour - hour 1/2. I had a really fast labor- the epidural didnt slow anything down this time!
I am so thankful tho that I went on my own & wasn't induced. I know the contractions with the Pitocin can be a whole lot stronger- and since my epidural didn't fully work I know I would've been in some MAJOR pain!
This time was so much smoother and I was awake & happy after it was said & done & that's all I wanted!

Sweet little "Pretzel"
8lbs. 4oz. 20in.
She looks SO much bigger in her pictures than she does in person. She is a tiny thing!
Getting her first bath
Was happy to get to feed & love on her :)

And did I mention that it snowed on her birthday!?


2 comments:

Ape said...

oh i just love little pretzel!!!!

lots of love said...

I've been waiting anxiously to hear the delivery story! Ahh your water broke?! Was it just crazy?! I felt mine break this time at the hospital when the Dr checked me and it was SO WEIRD! I didnt feel it with Rylie when Dr broke it. So glad it went smoother for you this time too. I know what you mean about being glad to be conscious and alert right after they're born. Remy's delivery was 100% better than Rylie's!