Monday, January 7, 2013

Daycare

I have a love/hate relationship with daycare. I love it because it provides learning and social skills that the girls can't get at home. It provides a sense of independence, self confidence & routine. But on the other hand.. I just can't hardly face the fact that my baby has to go! I know it's good for her but right now, in the beginning, it's so hard to let her go! It's also been hard for her to let me go the last 2 times I've dropped her off :( She's clung to me like a little monkey & just cries! I know, previously working in daycare myself, that it takes a good 2-3 weeks to get used to being left by mom. 2-3 months from now she won't be looking back! I wish I could just win the lotto & stay home with her until she starts school (Kinley too but she's starting this year- OMG a whole notha story)! 
We are in a weird phase right now of getting her on to solids full time & making the transition to milk. She is the only one in her class who eats from a jar & on a bottle. She only has 2 teeth tho so I haven't been pushing the solids. She's been eating carrots, peas, green beans & little things like that pretty well. But they are serving chicken nuggets and such (cut up of course) to the babies in her room & I am a little behind I guess with the whole solids thing. I just want her to be little forever I guess ;) 


This was me peeking in on her first day. Someone else feeding her.. what??? 

I can't complain too much tho. We were lucky enough to NOT send her when she was 8 weeks old! My mom kept her from 8 weeks till now, almost 11 months old. I think I would have lost it had she gone at 8 weeks. Thanks mom for all the hard work (with both girls)!!! We wouldn't know what to do without you!




1 comment:

Crystal said...

Aww, I hated that time in mine and the kids lives too girl! SO hard to let go!! Lol, if it makes you feel any better in the blink of an eye these years are over and then they are starting real school and everything just changes. I use to love going up to the daycare during my lunch hour AFTER they started going for a while, just so I could get sugars!!! Now? All I get is smart mouths and attitude...LOL!