Monday, August 24, 2009

1st day of school

Today is a huge day for Miss Kinley. She started school today for the first time. She was really excited when she got up this morning.. I asked her if she was ready to go to school & she said NEW FWIENDS!
I know she is in good hands but it is the first time we have EVER left her with someone that wasn't family. We dropped her off at 8 & I watched through the window for a while & then sat in the car till about 8:40 & Nana came to visit me! So we went back inside to watch her a little while longer & she was still doing great. She didn't even care that we left!
I know it wasn't pretty when I left there (in 2005) but I am really glad I worked there bc I know how good the teachers really are. I still have relationships with them & I know they will take care of our girl.
I am about to head back up there, mama forgot her Elmo to sleep with!


Daddy putting her backpack on!
Come on Mom, Im ready to go to school!

Already making new friends..with the boys OF COURSE..just like her mama LOL



13 comments:

Miranda said...

SHELLY!!!!!! she totally looks EXACTLY like you today. I am serious. In every picture she looks like you to me. I dont know if it is her pig tails or what.

I am glad so far she has had a good day. Hopefully it will be this easy everyday. You need to get a picture of her and her teacher. Tell her i love her and give her a big kiss from me.

~Shelly~ said...

i know! i thought so too :) yay for once!

Nicole Rodriguez said...

AW! YAY Kinley! She looks like such a BIG GIRL!!! She will do sooo good and have so much fun! And see, she's already making boyfriends! HAHA!!!

PaPa said...

She looks so grown up....She will do fine. Kinley will make friends very easy. Give her a hug and a kiss from PaPa.

Miranda said...

I like how SHE has the keys and is apparently going to drive herself to school....

Unknown said...

How cute!!! She does look like you! She looks like an old pro at going to school! Excellent first day outfit:-)

MOM said...

And that's what I thought too Shelly! That's so funny, we all see the same thing today!!

Ape said...

how cute is she?!? She looks like such a BIG girl in her backpack! Im so glad to hear she is doing well and playing with new "fwends!"

lots of love said...

cute new back to school outfit! already a big girl. seems like yesterday we were preggo! wow time flies!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh my goodness! I think little kids wearing backpacks are some of my favorite pics!

The Birkes said...

AWE!! What a big girl! hahahah! SO CUTE! I'm glad she likes it! I miss her!

Brandi Burden said...

Aww these pics are adorable!! What a big girl she is with her back pack on!! Ohh and I LOVE her piggy tails! She is just precious!! ;)

Mandi said...

Who is her teacher? Too bad we're not there...haha