Friday, January 8, 2010

New Years Resolution


I was reading on Kelly's Korner blog today & although I usually don't add to the "show us your life" portion of her blog.. I do read through some of the ones that do. I just happened to click one & it really hit home for me! This week's "show us your life" is about New Years Resolutions/Goals. And besides the weight loss goal for me (AGAIN) I think this would be something to add to my list.. This is a quote from Jillian Michaels (trainer from Biggest Loser) that another girl posted on her blog :

"We, as women, put ourselves down and judge each other. It's like, 'My ass is fatter!' 'Oh, no, you should see my muffin top!' That's all bull. It's OK to put yourself first. Selfish isn't a dirty word. If we were all selfish, it would mean we would take care of ourselves and be able to give back to our loved ones. Being selfless is not a good example to set for your kids. Would you treat your kids the way you treat yourself? Would you deprive them of playtime and adequate sleep? Would you not make their doctor's appointments? Would you pick them apart and tell them they're ugly? No! I give people permission to go be awesome. That's it. When my contestants do it for themselves, that's a change that will last a lifetime."

All my friends know that is me 100%, there isn't too much I enjoy about myself when I look in the mirror! And I obviously let everyone know that, especially my hubs.
So this year I'm going to stop being so selfless..I need to drop the pounds I want to drop so I can feel better about myself & start having some self confidence. I'm a huge complainer but haven't exactly been doing anything about it.
I started the Active Personal Trainer last night & it has a 30 day challenge that you can do. So, I am going to see just how much I can achieve in 30 days. And even if I only lose 1 or 2 lbs. during that time, I'm not going to give up like I always do.
Sure, I might have my days where I eat a bad meal or don't work out.. but it doesn't mean that I'm quitting- I want to feel better about myself & this time I don't want to stop until I'm there.



3 comments:

Miranda said...

Well I personally think you look fine. However we have to each achieve the goals we set for our self. And if that is a goal you have, then I am behind you 100%. We started our diet yesterday and I should have my wii fitness plus on my door step when I get home tonight. So its ON! I think the trick is to let your self have the bad day every once in a while. No one is perfect. And when you do have the bad day you can not allow yourself to feel bad or guilty about it. =)

Brandi Burden said...

Love the quote! I don't think you need to lose any weight, you are adorable!! But it is awesome that you are going to do something to make your self feel better!! Also that you have the mind set of "I am not going to quit"! I need to stick with things myself! I know if I put on a little makeup every day, run a few days a week, and dress in something other than sweats I would feel SO much better. In fact now you have me motivated!he-he My goal is to run 3days a week and to dress nicer so I feel better day to day. Off to the treadmill I go! =)

Mindy said...

You GO GIRL!!!! Thats how it happened for me...I made fitness a part of my life and my body changed...I woke up one day and saw Kaleigh and J doing karate, Linz doing cheer and power tumbling...and I asked myself "what am I doing for my heart?"..."what am I doing to ensure I will be here for my grandchildren?" THEN I got busy and now I love it. Plus, I didnt want to waste all that $ for surgery by having an out of shape body :)