Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Smithsonian (part of day 3)

The Smithsonian took up most of our time on Monday & there were so many pictures! I tried to pick out the best ones we got..

Welcome to the National Museum of American History- My personal favorite!
This one is for my stepdad..Archie Bunker's chair
Apollo Ohno's skates
The original..
Yours truly with the original ruby slippers! I almost died at this point- I had no idea these were here! Kinley loves this movie almost as much as her mama :)
I didn't know this was here either.. a tour of all the inaugural gowns worn by the First Ladies.
I loved this- if you can click on the picture you should read it (if you love Laura Bush)
Laura's:
Barbara's: (don't you just love how 80's it is!?)
Michelle's bling:
Michelle's Jimmy Choo Shoes! I love saying that. The woman has some big ol feet!
Michelle's (it looked so much prettier on her):
Mamie Eisenhower's (MUCH prettier in person):
But this was my favorite part of the day- the original "star spangled banner"...no pictures were allowed - and it was in a huge enclosed case that was barely lit- but just enough to catch it's real beauty..oh I just can't even describe it!
They had an APOLLO part too that was pretty cool but I didn't upload all those pics!
LL Cool J's get up:
They are ignoring you, honey!
Walking over to the Natural History part..


National Mall
And over to the Air & Space Museum- sorry but wasn't a fan..





Yes, there are more pictures to come! Stay with me!



2 comments:

Jenny Bolech said...

Looks like it was an awesome trip! It's been a long time since I've been, but I don't recall being a fan of the air and space museum either - of course it's about the only thing my dad and brother were interested in!

Unknown said...

Wow! yall got some amazing pictures!!! Looks like you had a really good time. We really need to plan a trip to DC!!