Thursday, July 8, 2010

Washington DC ~ Day 3 (Monday)

Monday was my favorite day of the trip (no, not because my mother law was sick & had to stay "home")! We saw the most stuff that day- walked the most- but saw like everything!
We saw the Library of Congress, the Capitol, All 3 parts of the Smithsonian (which I will post separatley), the Washington Monument, Reflecting pool, Lincoln Memorial & the Vietnam Memorial.

Here is the Library of Congress - very cool :)



So pretty inside- as well as all the other establishments in DC!


We got over to the Capitol & I was really in awe. It's the most beautiful building I have ever seen. We had our 8th grade picture in front of it but you just really don't appreciate things like that when you are 12.
The grounds were what made it!


Setting up for the 4th of July concert
And of course you can't go to DC without seeing the Washington Monument..
My Father-in-Law
The WWII Memorial~ why did I not know this was here?

I think this was the LONGEST walk EVER!! From the end of the Reflecting pool/WWII Memorial to the Lincoln Memorial...holy crap!
Priceless


And last but not least: the Vietnam Memorial- I don't think anyone was even talking as we walked by. (I remember this being alot bigger when I was 12..)




2 comments:

lots of love said...

All this DC talk makes me wanna watch National Treasure! lol

~Shelly~ said...

I know! I told Jeffrey I wanted to watch it while I was there. But the guard at the National Archives busted my bubble when he told us that none of the movie was filmed there.. it was all their set :( LOL I like being naive sometimes...