Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Washington DC ~ Day 2 (Sunday)

Day 2 was pretty cool!
In between my meetings we went to see the White House. I was kinda bummed bc this was the back side of it where all the news stations do their thing. The front side is much prettier :)
I tried hard to get a tour of the WH before we went but it "was not honored" .

Then after my meetings we wandered over to the Jefferson Memorial. They were doing alot of construction to the "sea wall" in front of it so it didn't make for great pictures.
But still, an awesome thing to see!




You can really tell just how big these columns were in this shot..

Haha this big ol spider came crashing down right by me so I was checking for more!
After the JM we TRIED to walk to the National Harbor..yea that didn't work too well. We walked until we just couldn't walk anymore & finally caught a cab. We told him we were trying to walk to the NH & this was his comment: "You try to walk to NH...OHHHH THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!!" I've never heard someone laugh so much..
It was a 15 minute drive even from where he picked us up :P

Anyway they had some really cool shops including one of my favs..
Wish we could've eaten here!!!
The Gaylord



I met some pretty famous folks in there too!
This was just for Kinley, they had a PEEPS store!




Again, stay tuned for Day 3!





2 comments:

lots of love said...

Oh so you're hooked to CC now huh! What have we started? lol Why couldn't yall eat at Ketchup? I think I've seen that place on the Hills in LA. So I'd wanna go there just for that lol

Mindy said...

I love them all! Esp CC's!!!