Monday, July 5, 2010

Washington DC ~ Day 1(Saturday)

Two words for DC... HOT & HOT!!!
We had the best time but MAN was it ever HOT! Much hotter than it has been here in a long time. The humidity there is just awful. HOWEVER, we had 5 great days & I already miss it! We saw SO much and took SO many pictures that I am going to have to break these posts up by day. So here goes:
Day 1
I attended 2 meetings the first day. I had about 1 1/2 hr break for lunch so I met up with the fam & had lunch & took in a few sights...

Here is our hotel: Embassy Suites
The view from our room
A very small part of the Convention Center..
For lunch we walked along Pennsylvania Ave bc they were having a major BBQ cook-off! They had small time locals to big time chains serving their food. It was pretty neat..HOT but neat :)
There were cool saying such as this engraved along alot of the sidewalks..
Ok.. this is the Willard Hotel. Prez Obama & his fam stayed here for about a month before the White House was ready for them. And I could see why!
The "Round Robin" bar
Check in..
Really can't remember what this building was but it was pretty!

Ugh~~sorry this was part of lunch but Blogger wouldn't let me put them in order.
This is a big 18 wheeler- the rig was a huge BBQ pit lol!
And for all my fellow cupcake lovers.. Curbside Cupcakes :)
Indeed, the Wiener Mobile!
FBI building..
Ford's Theatre (where Lincoln was shot)
Across the street: where Lincoln actually died
And after I went back to my meetings- Jeffrey & his rents checked out Union Station..






For dinner that night we went to Dubliner's for a fun end to our busy day!
Stay tuned for Day 2!





No comments: