Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Asthma

Well, I guess it's official that Kinley has asthma.
She's been coughing SOOO much for about a month..and not being able to breathe well at night (gets choked up, snores, holds her breath) and recently started throwing up flem & mucas (I know, TMI) so we took her to the doctor yesterday. She said all her suspicions have pointed to asthma since this is a monthly occurance for Kinley.
We have been using a nebulizer for her breathing treatments but the doc suggested we try this chamber that her inhaler will hook up to instead. HA..we tried it last night for the first time & she threw a FIT after she did the first puff (have to do 2). I'm hoping we just get her used to doing it but I think we have ourselves a long road ahead. Please say a prayer for our girl!
She also has to stay on Nasonex for a while until her nasal congestion at night calms down. I hate pumping in all these meds in her all the time (or what really seems like it) but I trust that it will make a difference.

She is also going to have an allergy test done in the future as well as a sleep study to check for sleep apnea. Poor baby, it's just not fair that our little ones have to suffer!




5 comments:

Miranda said...

My poor baby girl. I really hope that these meds do the trick for her. And that she is feeling better fast. I know she hates the inhaler but just remember if she is crying when she does it, it is actually getting down in her lungs even better!!! (not that i want her upset, im just sayin)
Give her a big hug and kiss from her Auntie M and Macy and tell her we love her.

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

Poor Baby! I can totally relate. K's dr put her on Singulair for the nighttime cough. They thought she had a cough-variant asthma. It's helped with the cough. But, that's it.. Our poor girls!! Hopefully we'll all be well soon! I hope the inhaler/treatments get easier!!

Betty Watson said...

Brad had childhood asthma, but he outgrew it. Megan was allergic to everything. She had to get a shot weekly in both arms. It helped but it sure was tough taking her to get those shots. She is doing better now and not on the shots. Hang in there.

~Shelly~ said...

Thanks yall!
Becca- we had K on singlair but it just wasn't doing much. Maybe we should pick it back up tho. Hope Kendall gets better quick as well!

Betty- I dont remember Brad having asthma :( I didnt know that about Megan either. I hope it doesn't come down to that but if it does, we will take care of her!

Ape said...

we have a ton of kids come in to the office to get aerochambers and it seems to help from what I hear. I hope she gets to feeling better ASAP!!!