Thursday, January 13, 2011

Losing Weight


That pretty much sums what I think about my diet. Haha! Why is it so hard to lose the weight?!!
I started my diet on Monday, January 3 and so far have only lost 3 lbs. That's 3lbs in 10 days. I know 10 days is a very short amount of time but MAN does it feel like an eternity to me. I am trying to stay around 900 calories a day & work out as much as I can. Some nights I'm just too tired to think about it & others, like last night, I can burn 700 cals on the elliptical. I feel like I am doing so good & then I get on the scale & nothing. I am doing "weigh in wednesday" via my facebook page to keep myself going. Don't want to disappoint those readers- lol! I'm also trying to lose the weight to fit into a bridesmaid dress in May..and we are going on our cruise at the end of April. So I have lots of motivation..it's just depressing when I put alot of effort into it & you just don't see much results. That's why I never do good on these darn things!! I am not giving up anytime soon- just frustrated! But I know from watching the Biggest Loser that the 2nd week is always the hardest. Just a hurdle I have to jump!
Wish me luck! Anyone else out there dieting? If so, what are you doing?


5 comments:

Nicole Rodriguez said...

Hey! Just wanted to mention that maybe you need to up your calories? 900 is not very many and your body may be hoarding cause it's afraid it's not going to get enough. Just a thought. If you have an iPhone - there's a great app called Lose It and it gives you everything you need plus it tracks all your food intake and exercise for you. And if you have friends that use it y'all can track each others progress and keep each other motivated by sending messages and stuff :) Pretty neat! Me and Nikki both have it and were using it earlier in the year when we were dieting together.

~Shelly~ said...

Well I was doing 500 cals a day while on Medi Weight Loss and it seemed to work. But I hate eating nothing but meat. I would rather eat 20 salads a day than meat all day. Im going to give it a couple more weeks doing this and see how it goes.
I dont have an iPhone but a Droid..Ill search that!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Boo to diets!! I AGREE!! I wish we lived in the same town because I have a feeling we would be great friends! :) We are going to Bora Bora this year and Im DETERMINED to wear a bikini! So I am on the diet/workout plan also! I am doing 1000 calories a day and working out on my ellitical also. We need to keep each other motivated! The first 3 or 4 weeks were really frustrating, but then I started losing 4 pounds a week for a few weeks. Stay with it! They will eventually start falling off :)

~Shelly~ said...

Ashley, I know! First bachelor (which by the way..what do u think??) and now this :) Bora Bora? How wonderful!!!!!! That's big motivation! Good luck to ya!

Shannon said...

Shelly...I LOVED the Lose It ap! Search it and see what you think! :-) You are beautiful! :-)