Friday, June 17, 2011

1st Field Trip

Kinley had her very 1st field trip today. Her class rode in the bus to Shipley donuts.. & I was a nervous wreck lol! I had my mom follow the bus there & back to make sure they made it safely! I am the mom who doesn't want her kid riding in a school bus. Too many bad things could happen & there are no seatbelts...etc! It just makes me crazy! But, Kinley was super excited & I knew she would just hate me if she was the only one who didn't get to ride. So off she went..

They didn't actually get out of the bus at Shipley's. One of the teachers went in & picked everything up & they went right back to school. I'm sure she will have stories to tell when I pick her up!

On to the next part.. Kinley's class is also swimming today! Again, I didn't want her in swim lessons there bc I couldn't be there to watch her. But.. I sent her in her swimsuit today anyway!
Can I just fast forward to 5pm already? Geez!




6 comments:

Delores said...

That's funny. Heather and I did the same thing when Dylan had his first bus ride from school.

Shannon said...

I also always hated the thought of my kids EVER riding the bus...Until this past year when our neighborhood bus (that only comes to our neighborhood...not to others..and the bus driver was one of the leaders at my kids VBS!) started making its stop RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE! My kids now BEG to ride it. I gave in this year and they ride it home. It is the best thing in the world! But - they are only going a little over a mile. I still am a wreck when they go on field trips. I always go just to make sure they are there safe and sound! :-)

~Shelly~ said...

Im glad Im not the only one!

lots of love said...

I dont want Rylie riding the bus either. I always had to ride it growing up & hated it. Too many bad experiences. I think one of my 1st field trips was to Shipley in Waco too lol

Nana said...

It reminded me of the time Miranda started Kindergarten ( not the first day) and I had your Dad follow the bus, because I had just came home from the hospital having you!

Kim said...

LMBO the pictures of the bus are so funny, Nana gotta lil spy busness on the side. We were the same way with Brent, oh how I remember so well Brents first field trip without James. Don't you let what others think stop you from doing it over & over. This is not a safe world we live in.