Monday, July 2, 2012

Kemah~ Day 1 (Friday)

On Friday morning we got up early & took Kinley to get her hair cut before we hit the road!
She was in desperate need :P Isn't she cute!?

 We got to Kemah around 2pm & got checked in to our wonderful hotel! We stay at this Hilton Clear Lake every time. It was recently renovated as it was flooded by Hurricane Ike (as well as the Boardwalk iteself) so it's even better now! We were on the 10th floor so we had a PERFECT view of the bay & also the boardwalk from a distance. 
 Presley was so excited to be out of the car!! She did great tho on the way there~I can't complain!
 We got ready & headed down to the Boardwalk to eat at the Aquarium & play some games/ride some rides.
Miss Thang with her pose!
 Dessert at the Aquarium!
 Posing with Sharky
 After dinner she was just dying to get in the splash park! She had no bathing suit on but I told her to go for it. She LOVED it but was pretty uncomfortable the rest of the night lol!

She got her face painted after she got drenched- One of many paintings haha!
We ended the night with the big observation ride annnnnnnndddd....
FIREWORKS!!! They do them every friday night during the summer. I didn't think we would make it to 9:30 with Presley in tow but she did great so we stuck around! 

Crazy Pretzel after we got back to the hotel around 10pm! She had so much fun with her Sissy ;) 
I will add that this little lady slept allll night both nights, never made a peep! My little party animal!
I want to add that Jeffrey's mom, Grandma & Aunt Gail were suppose to come with us, however, on Thursday Kinley & Grandma went outside to pick veggies from their garden & Grandma took a fall. Turned out she broke her hip & had to have surgery on Friday afternoon. :( She is doing ok now.. has 3 pins in her hip so I am told. Just say some prayers for her! She is a STRONG woman so I know she will pull thru fine. She should be coming home next week after a week of rehab.
Jeffrey's dad went ahead & came with us. We took him to pick up a rental car bc he had somewhere to go Sunday. How weird is it that BOTH of our cars were hit with flying shred from an 18 wheeler tire?! He was about 20 mins behind us so it wasn't from the same truck. Jeffrey says it will buff out~I SURE HOPE SO! 
:( I'm just glad it didn't cause us to wreck. Some people probably would have freaked out & had one but thank goodness we know how to drive!



2 comments:

Melissa :) said...

Oh my gosh! Your family is adorable! I just read your comment on my blog and had to check yours out! Btw, I swear on everything that Kinley is in our top 3 baby names if we have another girl! Great minds we have! :)Too funny! :)

~Shelly~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.