Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Am Thankful


There are so many things we all have to be thankful for. Most of which we take for granted like our freedom. With the whole world seeming to be falling apart these days, I am that much more thankful for my freedom & thankful for all of our Military. I guess with Alex being a Marine & giving us the insight into it all- really makes us even more thankful.

As usual, I made my little list of things that I enjoy every day & am thankful for:

*Jeffrey & Kinley~ I wouldn't be ME without those 2! I am so thankful God put them into my life to stay :)

*Presley~ Even tho she is not here yet, I'm thankful that I have been able to carry her & I can't wait for her to show me that it is possible to love another child as much as I already love Kinley!

*Family~ Without family we would have a hole in our lives. They complete our happy little circle!

*Friends~ Sometimes u just need another shoulder to cry on or an ear to talk in! I have had my friends for such a long time & I'm thankful for all of them. Whether it's to have someone to lean on or just to have the girls (and guys) to have fun with.. I'm glad we have them!

*Our new home~ it is what we have worked for & even talked about since we were in high school. I'm so thankful we had the opportunity to start the next chapter in our lives. To many it is viewed as "materialistic and not necessary to live a happy life" but to us it is a part of raising our family & something we have always strived for & worked hard to have. Jeffrey moved a LOT in his childhood & I didn't have a house that I called "home" and grew up in until I was about 10. So it is something we want for our family. I don't want to move my kids around from house to house - I want to be able to live here & have their friends over & have Holiday get togethers at our house. It is not materialistic to me, it is a part of how we want to have our kiddos raised.

*Our jobs~ so thankful that we have them, period! We all know how hard it is to find jobs today. Jeffreys job is wonderful. They are so good to him & he loves what he does. I think that is rare these days. I love my job as well, I love all the people I work with. We are one big family here- that is not something many people can say!


*Happiness~ I am very thankful that I am happy in my life & have everything I need to be happy. It's really the little things that count!

*Doctors~ Sounds silly but I am also thankful we have doctors. They have brought Kinley into this world & helped her when has been so sick. And kept me safe during both of my pregnancies. What would we do without them?!

* Rangers & Colts~ What can I say.. they both make me happy as a lark..even tho one lost the last 2 World Series & the other hasn't won a game this season-lol. I think we all know the importance that Peyton has on the team ;)

*Movies~ Oh I'm so thankful for them! We are a movie loving family & there's not many we can't quote :)

*Kirklands & Hobby Lobby~ Ok NOW my materialistic side can come out! I could shop all day long in either store- they make me one happy chick!

*Vacations~ I don't know anyone who isn't thankful for a vacation! Whether we take 1 a year or 5 a year (I wish), I am thankful for anything we get to do! I enjoy taking Kinley to new places or just spending time with Jeffrey. It's time to reload & just be happy!

*Holidays/Christmas spirit~ Yea, I am a huge Halloween fan.. but is there really anything better than the Holidays? I am thankful that we can enjoy our family time during them & watch MOVIES (can u say Christmas Vacation?) & of course see Kinley's face on Christmas morning!!! And I think overall that people in general are just more pleasant (I'm sure most retail folks would highly disagree with me there)!! Can't forget black friday~ it is one of my favorite days of the year!

*Memories~ This is probably one of the main things I am thankful for. What would we do without our memories? They are there when the camera or recorder wasn't & no one can ever take them away from us.

I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving~so hard to believe it is NEXT WEEK!! This whole year has just flown by! I know I will be thankful to only work Monday & 1/2 day on Tuesday next week :) Gobble gobble!!!


No comments: