Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Night Time Pull Ups


So I was just hoping to get some input from all you other moms (or dads) out there.
We tried for about 2 months to get Kinley out of pull ups at night time & went back to putting her back in them :/ She did good the first week (or less-ha) & got up to tell us she needed to go. And then EVERY night since we were changing sheets & blankets in the middle of the night. With me being PG & already not sleeping much we decided she really wasn't ready & I didn't need to be up every night since it took me like another hour to fall back to sleep.
So I was wondering if anyone elses kids were having this "problem" too or if anyone is even trying it? Or are they fully potty trained at night? Kinley has been potty trained since she was 2-almost 3. It's just night time that is a problem. Some nights she stays completely dry & sometimes she is soaking wet in the morning so I dunno! My wish was to have her completely off of the pull up bill before Presley came! But it's just not going to happen. We would even set our alarm at 1am to get her up- sometimes it worked & other times she would wet herself at 10pm! We stopped her drinking after like 6:30pm & she would always go right before bed. . the girl just has to tinkle a lot I guess lol!!


5 comments:

Kyle and Marci said...

Our story is the same as yours. Karlie is still in them too! I don't know what to do either??

~Shelly~ said...

Well, good to know! I have no idea what to do, maybe tomorrow the doc will have some input on it. Just frustrating!!

lots of love said...

This sounds EXACTLY like Rylie! My goal was to have her off them by 4th bday. Didnt happen. I think I've got a good while before Rylie will be off them. And I think it's still normal at this age.

~Shelly~ said...

I talked to the doc about it yesterday, she said she wouldn't even be concerned until 8 or 9 years of age. So I'll let go for now!

Ape said...

After dinner Audree isn't allowed to drink anything unless its a sip. She will have her normal glass of milk/juice with her dinner, then after that she only gets sips of water IF she asks. Of course eat dinner at 5:20ish so thats around 3 hours before she goes to bed. Maybe try decreasing her intake a bit? Audree has wet the bed I think one time since shes been potty trained. She sleeps the entire night though without potting, very RARE if she wakes up and goes.