Friday, September 11, 2009

8 years

It's hard to believe it has been 8 years already since it happened.
I was getting ready for class at MCC when I watched it all unfold. We (Jeffrey, my sis in law & myself) listened to it on the radio all the way to school..& when my sis in law & me got in class of course we were all talking about it. We had heard about the Pentagon in the car & I was really freaked out, thinking it was going to happen in every state or something. Our teacher got mad at us students bc we were TALKING...talking about what was going on & how scared we were. Yea, I bet she regrets that now.
Each year we are reminded of the loss America suffered~& we should be. But this man who called 911 right before the tower he was in fell is always on my mind when 9/11 rolls around. It is the worst thing I think I have ever listened to. It is the same guy that 97.5fm was broadcasting the day of. Not sure how but they were. Anyways not to put a damper on your day but I think everyone should hear this & be reminded of what happened bc after all, he along with all the others who died are the whole reason we are at war. Alot of people seem to forget that & get so wrapped up in the politics of it all.
Where were you when the world stopped turning, on that September day?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that day SO clearly. I had an early class so we didn't know what was going on. We even had cake so celebrate somebody's birthday. When we got to our next class, our professor told us one of the tours had been hit, but at that point I assumed it was an accident. By our next class the professor was nearly in tears and he told us to go home. I listened to the horrible news all the way home in a daze. I remember how still and quite everything seemed. I don't think I had ever been so scared.

Mindy said...

I was going to class at Tarrant County College. I turned around...picked Lindsey up from school. Picked Kaleigh up from daycare and went home and held them for hours and cried while I prayed for all those in peril.