Thursday, September 3, 2009

PaPa

Just wanted to update everyone on my stepdad. Monday morning he was in the "Attic" in one of his buildings at work. He fell through the rafters & when he did he hit the back of his head on the way down~leaving him with a gash that required staples, slight bleeding on the brain, a fractured skull, a bruised frontal lobe, a severe concussion, a few cracked ribs, & a scratched up back. He was admitted in ICU on Monday afternoon & they couldn't give him anything stronger than Morphine because of the bleeding on the brain (didn't want to sedate him too much). The bleeding is now going down & resolving itself so they just switched up his pain meds yesterday to something alot stronger. He has a severe headache that won't go away..& now his blood pressure is high & heart rate is really low. Last update I got - they are wanting a cardiologist to come in and look him over to make sure his heart is ok..& he was also moved to a room on a different floor.
Please just take a minute to send a prayer up to the BIG MAN! He could really use it.
I will continue to update as I get more info!



5 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the update Shelly. Glad they are able to give him some stronger meds now. Continued prayers!

Unknown said...

He's in my prayers! Maybe he will be able to rest better now that he's in a room.

Ape said...

been praying and wil continue to do so!!!

The Pifer's said...

He will continue to be in my prayers---please keep us updated.

Laura Marchant said...

Oh my gosh, how is he now? I hope everything is ok.