Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Goodfellas Christmas

My father in law is part of a special group of guys in Waco. They are called the Waco Goodfellas & their main goal each year is to help kids keep believing in Santa Claus.
Jeffrey runs the website & we take in submissions & try to help as many families as possible. All the families picked are going through hard times & can't afford to give their kiddos the Christmas they deserve.
This year my father in law sponsored 10 families! TEN! He got his kleenex box ready & went to each house to talk with the family & see what they might want Santa to bring them. Then we head to Wal-Mart & buy up the store! I shopped for 1 sweet family & it is so cool to watch those little ones meet Santa & open the gifts I (I mean Santa) picked out for them!
It is a great organization with some great guys helping kids believe in Ol Saint Nick!



Bikes for each of the kids who were old enough..

We had Waco FD out to help us welcome Santa..

My father in laws families were all from the Copperas Cove area so he gets them here in style :)
Santa also arrives in style! The elves are currently working on his sleigh..
I think this was the most AWESOME feeling of the whole day. Those kids were SO excited- it was just precious.
Our local DJ from Waco100 is also a part of the event. He announced all the families to come up & sit with Santa..
The family I bought for

This little sweetie pie LOVED her gift so much!

This lady was so excited that Zack was going to be there & she just wanted to meet him!
Me & my father in law
Celebrating another success!
The Goodfellas!


So glad I got to be a part of this years event. It was so heart~warming & felt so good to know that we all helped those kids have the Christmas they otherwise wouldn't have had.

Merry Christmas Y'all!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

AWESOME!!! Very, very cool.

Mindy said...

WOW! How completely amazing!

lots of love said...

Pretty cool! I've never heard of them before. We used to do Angel Tree back in Waco & I LOVED doing it & helping those little kids but in Houston Dave's had some bad experience with it so we just do the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, & little things we see in stores.

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

What a cool thing to take part it!! That's awesome!