Friday, April 29, 2011

3 wishes

Day #29~3 wishes you have

Didn't I already do a wish list post? :)

I'll just list 3 wishes that were not on the other list.

1. I wish that Kinley could grow up in the same "world" that we did..meaning that I'm not sure what this world is going to be like when she is older. It's really scary to me when you think about these countries like Iraq & North Korea & just thinking about more & more terrorist attacks & possible war outbreaks with nuclear weapons. And then there is the 'end of the world' talk..we can't forget that one! I'm sure our parents worried about the same ideas but they are more real these days. Even gas prices- I wish she wouldn't have to deal with any of that. I used to pay $15 to fill my car up when I was in high school ~ I can't even imagine what it will be like for her!

2. I wish technology would slow down! I will not be one of those parents who gives their kids endless amounts of gadgets & never see them or have dinner with them! We don't have any of the stuff at home that most kids have today & I would like to keep it that way as long as possible! It drives me crazy to see kids texting all hours of the day & just MISS life bc they were too busy worrying about their phone! I would put money on that being the cause of my fender bender was bc the girl was texting & not yielding at her yield sign. Plus I just think it's flat out rude to be so self absorbed :) I miss the days of limited technology as far as these materialistic gadgets are concerned!

3. I wish I could be a stay at home mom & spend more time with Kinley. I'm sure I would spend all of our money if that were the case~but that is beside the point :)



1 comment:

Rosie said...

I totally agree about technology! My nephews and Derek's little sister's are terrible about keeping their heads buried in their gadgets. It's so rude.
And I worry about what the world will be like for my son too. It's so sad what they will have to grow up in.