Monday, April 4, 2011

My Parents


Day #4: Your Parents


Ahhh, my parents. I feel so lucky to have such a great relationship with them. They are wonderful grandparents to my little lady & would do anything for the 3 of us.
My mom & Dad divorced when I was 2 & mom got remarried when I was 9. So those 7 years in between were very hard for us 3 (Mom, my sister & I) but we also had some great times together. My mom was a single mom & raised us as best as she could & I don't think I could do a better job even with Kinley! She married Paul & we all packed up & moved into his house..hopefully I won't embarrass him too much when I tell you that he did not have a single pot or pan in the kitchen! My mom cooked every night after working hard all day long~something I don't even do! I love the shopping trips/lunch dates my mom & I have..usually every Friday!
Paul has been a great Dad to me & Kinley adores both him & my mom. He took over the reigns & has been there for anything we needed! I don't know what I would do if they didn't live close to me!


My In~Laws

I also find myself very lucky to have wonderful in-laws. I know so many people who hate their in-laws but that has never been the case for me. They took me in 12 years ago & their house was always my 2nd home. I think I spent every weekend over there whether they liked it or not ;) All our friends hung out there 24/7..we just have a lot of great memories with them.
They are the "go to" people to talk to if you ever have a problem or just want to vent. They have done so much for our little family & Kinley loves being with them!

Kinners is the lucky one if you ask me, with 2 wonderful sets of grandparents to play with!



6 comments:

MOM said...

Loving and providing for you and Miranda was my main goal in life! You both were easy girls to raise and will always have a special place in my heart! I could'nt imagine life without either of you!

Paul said...

Your right, NO pots and pans! My cooking was by microwave only. I am proud of the young woman, wife, and mother you have become. I am proud to call you daughter.

Miranda said...

I hope there is a post comin up about how WONDERFUL I am!

~Shelly~ said...

Love yall!
LOL hmm Ill look down the list and see if there are any about sisters haha!!

Miranda said...

Mom it seems a certain sneaking out of the house incident has slipped your mind! I was the easy one. LOL

Delores said...

Oh, that's so sweet. You have always been just "one of the kids" to us! Love yall!